ROCKINGHAM, Vt. – The Rockingham Historical (CLG) Commission is pleased to announce the winners of the 2017 Rockingham Old House awards. Every few years, the Rockingham Historical Commission sponsors these awards to celebrate property owners in Rockingham who have restored or enhanced either their historic home or their commercial building. This year, the commission would like to recognize three property owners in Rockingham who have made significant improvements, repairs, and renovations to their properties. The recipients of these awards were nominated by members of the community and then selected by the Rockingham Historical Commission.
The awardees will receive a 2017 Rockingham Old House Award plaque. The Old House Award program was supported in part by a grant through the Vermont Division for Historic Preservation and was administered through Rockingham’s Certified Local Government program.
The 2017 Old House Award recipients are:
Annie Guyon – Pleasant St, Saxtons River – c. 1910 “The George Alexander House”
Robert McBride – Old Terrace, Bellows Falls – c. 1890’s
Polly & Ian Montgomery – Gaskill Road, Brockways Mills – c. 1849
James & James Oil Company – Paper Mill Rd, Westminster – c. 1850
Michael Bruno – Westminster St, Bellows Falls – c. 1890 “The Edward Arms Block”
Duncan Johnson – Island Street, Bellows Falls – c. 1935 “The Bellows Falls Times Warehouse”
The Rockingham Historical Commission would also like to recognize several property owners who were also nominated by our community for these awards. We sincerely thank these property owners for their commitment to historic preservation; their tireless efforts and time committed to maintaining and restoring their historic properties.
Charlie Jarras – Westminster St, Bellows Falls
Five and Dime Corp – Rockingham St, Bellows Falls
Stephen Moore – Rockingham St, Bellows Falls
Robert McBride – Rockingham St, Bellows Falls
Miguel Orantes – Atkinson St, Bellows Falls