Press Releases: To contribute press releases, events, and other local information, email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact the editorial department at 802-228-3600. Contact information must be included. Deadline is Friday at 12 p.m. for the following Wednesday publication.
Contributors: Writers and photographers wanting to contribute local interest content and ideas are encouraged to contact Journal LLC. Publication is not guaranteed unless specified.
Please submit your press releases and articles via email:
– Copy/Text should be sent as an email attachment saved as a Word Document. Please do not format any of the copy, such as center, bold, or double space.
– If you have an image, please submit it as an attachment as a .jpeg file. Resolution should be at least 100 dpi for a quality image. Do NOT put it in the Word Document.
Please help us by editing your own articles prior to sending them in to us:
– Do NOT use double spaces after a period. Use a SINGLE SPACE after punctuation at the end of a sentence.
– Do NOT indent or “tab” your paragraphs. A simple “return” works best.
– If you have an image, please provide information about who took the photo and a description of the photo.
– Check your punctuation and grammar!
– Place punctuation inside quotation marks. Example: “We’re proud to participate in this year’s event,” he said. “It benefits everyone.”
– Use your spell check before submitting your article.
– Obituary submissions should be emailed to email@example.com no later than Friday by noon for the following Wednesday paper. Submissions received after Friday may run if there is space in the paper; otherwise they will be held for the following week.
– The maximum length for obituaries is 350 words. Longer submissions may be edited and shortened for space.
– Please submit the obituary in either a word document or pasted into the body of the email. Please do not send a PDF.
– A photo (optional) may also be submitted to run in black and white in print. Photos are subject to space. If we do not have space to run all the photos we have received, then we do not run any. However, we do post all obituaries and photos on our website in color. Photos should be in either JPEG or PNG formats.
The Vermont Journal and The Shopper are published weekly. The pages are put together on Mondays and Tuesdays, published on Wednesdays, and in mailboxes on Thursdays.
Our deadlines are crucial to get your articles and ads in on time.
Display Advertising, includes Auto, Real Estate, Legal Notices, and Help Wanted:
Due by Friday @ 12 p.m.
Classified LINE Item – Due by Friday @ 12 p.m.
Yellow Page Business Directory Listing:
Listing – Due by Friday @ 12 p.m.
Due by Thursday @ 10 a.m. Uploaded online Thursday afternoon.
Display Ad Submissions
*Please keep in mind that our ads are sized by the column inch.
Ads can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org. We can build an ad for you, or you can submit a press ready ad that we place in our papers.
Help Wanted / Legal Notices / Real Estate / Automotive ads run on a 7 column page (see list below for widths). Height runs by the half inch.
All Regular Advertisements run on a 6 column page (see list below for widths). Height runs by the half inch.
6 Column Page Width 7 Column Page Width
1 Column 1.7361″ 1 Column 1.4643″
2 Columns 3.6389″ 2 Columns 3.0952″
3 Columns 5.5417″ 3 Columns 4.7262″
4 Columns 7.4444″ 4 Columns 6.3571″
5 Columns 9.3472″ 5 Columns 7.9881″
6 Columns 11.25″ 6 Columns 9.619″
—————– —————– 7 Columns 11.25″
Classified Listing Submissions
Classified ads run in a column that is 1.4643 inches wide. This is a line listing that will be in our Classifieds Section on page 5B.
We have a MINIMUM 4 line / $20 fee. There is an additional charge of $0.50 for each word thereafter.