STRATTON, Vt. – The Stratton Mountain School Nordic Program and the Elite SMS T2 Team will be hosting weekly training sessions each Thursday now through Aug. 8, and all ages are welcome. The training sessions will feature roller-skiing, hiking, ski walking, and a cookout, and additional workouts may be added throughout the summer.
SMS Nordic’s Summer Training Program aims to get young athletes excited about Nordic skiing in sessions led by members of the Elite SMS T2 team whose members, including Olympians Sophie Caldwell, Simi Hamilton, and Jessie Diggins, train right here in Stratton. The program will be overseen by three-time U.S. Ski and Snowboard Coach of the Year and former SMS Nordic Director, Sverre Caldwell. For a full schedule and to RSVP, find us on Facebook, www.facebook.com/smsnordic. Please contact Sverre Caldwell, firstname.lastname@example.org, with questions or for more information.
Please join us for one or more of our training sessions:
- Thursday, July 11, 4-5 p.m. Meet at Lot 1 at Stratton Mountain Resort for roller ski skills.
- Saturday, July 13, 8-10 a.m. Meet at the bottom of the Stratton Mountain Resort Gondola for ski walking.
- Thursday, July 18, 4-5 p.m. Lot 1 roller ski.
- Wednesday, July 24. 5-8 p.m. Cookout at Hapgood Pond in Peru. Bring something to grill and something to share.
- Thursday, July 25, 4-5 p.m. Lot 1 roller ski skills.
- Thursday, Aug. 1, 4-5 p.m. Lot 1 Roller Ski skills.
- Thursday, Aug. 8, 4-5 p.m. Roller ski skills, Lot 1.