LUDLOW, Vt. – The frontrunners in the Okemo Valley Golf Club Men’s League left nothing to chance on the final night of play, Aug. 20. The format was a double-point scramble. Ed Whitman, who was sidelined for most of the season due to injury, came back to his squad, and did not disappoint. He holed a 25-foot birdie putt on the first hole and paved the way for fellow Built Rite MFG. squad members Chris Garvey, John Smith, and Tim Faulkner. Whitman fired a six-under-par 29, which was top honors for the night, and locked up the coveted top spot for league, placing their names on the Commissioner’s Cup.
Stryhas Builders tried to close the final-night gap but came up one shot short. Ted Stryhas, John Pick, Paul Laporte, and Chuck Sweetman fired a 30, which locked up second place for the night and for the season as well. Diamond Realty took third place for the night as the team of Roger Danyew, Scott Howard, Bruce Zanca, and Bob Ahlers shot a 30.
Third place for the season went to Knight Tubs. Lou Falango, Bob Fortuna, Ken Guy, and Terry Thayne shot a 31, which was just enough to nip Diamond Realty by two points in the overall standings. Closest to the pin winners were Scott Howard, picking up both fourth and eighth holes, and Peter Modisette winning the 6th hole.
The Steven Carr Sportsman of the League Award was given to the ever-deserving Lou Falango.
- 1st Built Rite MFG. score 29, 30 points
- 2nd Stryhas Builders score 30, 26 points
- 3rd Diamond Realty score 30, 22 points
- 4th Knight Tubs score 31, 20 points
- 5th HWC Financial score 31, 18 points
- 6th Huntley’s Wealth Management score 34, 16 points
- 7th Sotheby’s Realty score 35, 14 points
- 8th Green Mountain Appraisals score 38, 12 points
- 1st Built Rite MFG. 169 points
- 2nd Stryhas Builders 151 points
- 3rd Knight Tubs 144 points
- 4th Diamond Realty 142 points
- 5th Sotheby’s Realty 132 points
- 6th Huntley’s Wealth Management 129 points
- 7th HWC Financial 121 points
- 8th Green Mountain Appraisals 119 points
For more information about Okemo Valley Golf Club, please call 802-228-1396 or visit www.okemo.com.