SPRINGFIELD, Vt. – The 19th annual Springfield Hospital Challenge at Okemo Valley Golf Club Thursday, Sept. 19, 2019 was an excellent golf outing and a successful fundraiser. Twenty-two teams of golfers competed for awards and raffle prizes. More than 60 sponsoring organizations and individuals underwrote the tournament, which included a box lunch, dinner buffet, and a gift to every golfer.
Tournament sponsors were Richard A. Marasa M.D., Coverys, Kinney Drugs Foundation, NFP Property & Casualty, and Springfield Printing Corporation. Club professional Michael Santa Maria and food and beverage general manager Adrienne Carter and staff helped make the tournament a great success, offering a well-maintained course, professional expertise, and a hearty buffet.
Team and individual winners were:
- First Gross: Blayr Crowley, Brian Stowell, Brian Perkins, Jim Gould
- First Net: Eric Warren, Steve Currie, Chris Cappello, Bruce Bentley
- Second Gross: Andy Courchesne, Tony Pagano, Dan Patria, Matt Oscadal
- Second Net: James Roarke, Keith Vanamburg, Gavin Hughes, Bernie Sweener
- First Gross: Travis White, Tyler Stearns, Jay Claperton, Dean Rogers
- First Net: Mike Pinney, Gary Stearns, Walter Oaks, Tim Oakes
- Second Gross: David Muller,MD, Guy Alderdice, Greg White, Tim Mello, PA-C
- Second Net: Rick Marasa, M.D., Geri Marasa, Rich Lane M.D., Jane Sandleman
Straightest Drive: Taylor Rocke
Longest Putt: Andy Courchesne
Springfield Hospital would like to thank all donors, players, volunteers, and staff for participating in the 19th annual Springfield Hospital Golf Challenge. The proceeds of this year’s tournament, approximately $14,000, will be used to purchase a new HD monitor for the Urology Department as well as support other programs at Springfield Hospital.