KILLINGTON, Vt. – Vermont’s Killington Resort, the largest ski and snowboard resort in Eastern North America and a POWDR company, charges into spring with the Nor’Beaster spring pass and a jam-packed event series as the longest season in the east extends towards Memorial Day and beyond.
The 2018 Nor’Beaster spring pass is available, providing skiers and snowboarders of all ages with unlimited spring skiing and riding from March 16 through June, or as far as Mother Nature will allow. The spring pass also unlocks access to live music, events, and a 20 percent discount on Killington managed lodging beginning March 16 through the remainder of the 2017-18 winter season.
“Spring at Killington is known for soft snow, abundant sunshine, and weekends packed full of events and live music,” says Mike Solimano, president and general manager of Killington Resort. “We pride ourselves on hosting the longest season in the east and this winter is no exception. Our goal is to stretch this season beyond Memorial Day once again on Superstar’s World Cup base while enjoying some friendly competition at events like the Hibernation Park Jam on March 31, Killington Triathlon, and May Day Slalom.”
The first Vermont Brewers Festival lands in Killington for the first time this spring on March 24 featuring over 30 Vermont brewers boasting over 100 different brews, plus local food trucks and live music. April kicks off the Bud Light Nor’Beaster event line-up presenting the legendary spring rite of passage, the Bear Mountain Mogul Challenge followed by an event every weekend through the first week of May.
2018 Bud Light Nor’Beaster event line-up:
- April 7 – Bear Mountain Mogul Challenge: the highly anticipated competition and on-snow party for the Mogul Challenge Cup
- April 14 – Pond Skimming: a wacky rite of spring, skim the pond or watch while others try
- April 21 – Dazed & Defrosted: Enjoy live music along with soft bumps, cold brews, on-snow demos, free sampling, a photo booth, and more
- April 28 – Killington Triathlon: ski, bike, run – that’s the type of triathlon Killington knows
- May 1 – May Day Slalom: a timed, free race, open to anyone with a valid season pass or lift ticket
Memorial Day weekend at Killington is expected to feature prime late-spring skiing and riding, plus the kickoff of summer operations including the Killington Golf Course, Adventure Center, and Mountain Bike Park.
For more information about the 2018 Nor’Beaster Spring Pass and a full events line-up, please visit www.killington.com and stay tuned to www.killington.com/conditions for updates on spring operations, including announcements about potential June skiing.