CHESTER, Vt. – This year’s Winter Carnival takes places starting Friday, Feb. 16 through Sunday, Feb. 18. The festivities kick off with a Chester Andover Elementary School dinner and a movie for the kids from 5:30 to 8 p.m. on Feb. 16. This event is free.
On Saturday, Feb. 17, festivities will take place throughout Chester, starting with sledding at the Pinnacle at 11 a.m. Other events taking place at the Pinnacle include:
- Sleigh rides with Smokeshire Farm from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m.
- CAES PTG will have food and beverages for sale from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.
- From 5 to 8 p.m. Southern Pie Company will have coffee, hot chocolate, and pie for sale at Pinnacle.
- The Chester Conservation Committee will host a self-guided tiki torch snowshoe hike around the disc golf course. Snowshoes will be available for borrowing.
- From 6-8 p.m., there will be a bonfire and a skating party with music to end the day.
Southern Pie Company will also host a pie tasting at 287 Main St. from noon to 4 p.m. Proceeds will be donated to the Chester Recreation Department. There will also be free face painting.
On Sunday, Feb. 18, the Winter Carnival concludes with a Broom Hockey tournament from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. There is a fee per each team. Please preregister by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.