SPRINGFIELD, Vt. – The Springfield Regional Chamber of Commerce is collaborating with area businesses and retailers for a Springfield Sidewalk Sales event Saturday, Aug. 11. This is a community-wide event offering shoppers the opportunity to learn more about local products, try new things, and enjoy great savings. So mark your calendar and get ready for a fun day of exploring!
- Dark Mountain Games will be offering 10 to 30 percent discounts on a variety of games, expansions, and books.
- Edgar May Health & Recreation Center will be demoing Spin, TRX, and BOGA outside their Studio Momentum at 71 Main Street.
- Flying Crow Coffee Co. will be doing a sidewalk sale out front of their downtown location at 3 Main Street that includes free iced coffee, snacks, and some giveaways, from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Gallery at the VAULT’s Artful Flea takes places from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- H&R Block staff will be on site at their 31 Main Street location offering popcorn, lemonade, and cookies, and providing important information about the new tax law changes.
- Shannon’s Upscale Resale offers trendy and fashionable apparel at affordable prices.
- The Springfield Farmer’s Market at 280 Clinton Street will be open from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m.
- The Springfield Food Co-op at 335 River Street in North Springfield will be having a tent sale with all items including housewares, body care, and supplements reduced for clearance.
- The Springfield Town Library is doing a pop-up book sale from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. Children can jump into free science and tech activities with Michelle Stinson.
- Tina’s Hallmark will be open 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. There will be a savings of 65-75 percent off sale items.
- The United Methodist Church at 10 Valley St. is hosting a bake sale, silent auction, and offering roasted corn-on-the-cob from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. Their Second Saturday Community Supper is at 5 p.m. with hot dogs, salads, beverages, and dessert.
- Woodbury Florist in North Springfield will be having a porch sale with up to 75 percent off select items.
You’ll probably have worked up an appetite after all that exploring! Treat yourself to a nice meal at one of our wonderful area restaurants – Sheri’s Place, Black Rock Steakhouse, The Copper Fox, The Subway, and Hartness House will all be open that evening for your dining pleasure. Then maybe round out your day with a few games of bowling at Up Your Alley, or catch a flick at Springfield Cinemas 3!
The Springfield Regional Chamber is proud to represent the many wonderful businesses in our area, and we hope you’ll enjoy this opportunity to check out some places during Springfield Sidewalk Sales.