SPRINGFIELD, Vt. – The Vermont Small Business Development Center would like to announce an upcoming “Starting Your Own Business” workshop that is aimed at helping future entrepreneurs turn their passions into a full-fledged business venture. The workshop will be held Friday, Aug. 9 at Springfield Regional Development Corporation office on Clinton Street in Springfield from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m.
Starting a business can be challenging. The workshop, conducted by an experienced business advisor, is designed as a guide for the first-time business owner. Participants receive a comprehensive start-up workbook, handouts, and resources in marketing, financing, management, and operations. By the end the workshop, they will be well-informed about the tools and resources available to them and the next steps involved in launching a successful business. There is a price to attend, and you can register online at www.vtsbdc.org under the training tab.
A few workshop highlights include how to:
- Use the “Business Model Canvas” to evaluate whether there is a viable business in their good idea
- Identify target customers and “unique selling proposition(s)”
- Register their business and apply for tax numbers
- Consider start-up costs, sales, expenses, and financing options
- Pitch their idea and develop a business plan and much more!