LUDLOW, Vt. – September 21st was a beautiful day for a Golf Outing! Fourteen teams signed up and enjoyed this year’s Okemo Valley Chamber of Commerce Golf Tournament. Huge thanks go to the Title Sponsors, Imery’s Talc, The Killarney, M&M Excavating, CTM Media, TPW Properties and HB Energy – the Chamber appreciates your support.
Thanks too to the many local businesses that sponsored a hole or donated Gift Certificates for the Raffle. Farmstead Cheese Board, Mary Davis Realty, Skygate Financial, Knight Tubs, Peoples Bank, the Vermont Country Store and Heritage Family Credit Union. Raffle and prize winners enjoyed gifts from Farmstead Cheese Board, The Vermont Country Store, Blue Sky, Southern Pie Company, Sam’s Steakhouse, Mojo’s, The Echo Lake Inn, the Hatchery, Northern Ski Works, Weston Playhouse, the Killarney, Downtown Grocery and Stemwinders. Bensons Chevrolet provided the opportunity to win many fabulous prizes by Sponsoring a Hole in One contest – with the grand prize of a 2016 Chevy Malibu. No one was lucky/talented enough to win!
Without the support of the community the Golf Tournament would not be as successful for the Chamber or as much fun for all who played. We appreciate all of your efforts and thank the Okemo Valley Golf Club for their help with the event and dinner following. Here are the results:
· First Place Low Gross – Pat Garvey, Chris Garvey, Mark Montgelas, Reed Montgelas with a 57.
· First Place Low Net – David Bowyer, Julie Bowyer, Herb Eddy, Doris Eddy with a 50
· Second Place Low Gross – Bill Putnam, JP Rousse, Tim Merrill, Scott Reilly with a 59
· Second Place Low Net – Trevor Benson, Casey Stryhas, Austin Danyew, Jim O’Neil with a 54
· Men’s closest to the line – Dave Morgan
· Women’s closest to the line – Cheryl Leinhard
Many thanks to the Golf Committee – Mark Verespy, Mary Rita Batesole and Julie Bowyer for organizing the event. Thanks to all who participated and we look forward to seeing you next year.