BELLOWS FALLS, Vt. – Bellows Falls Country Club hosted its annual Men’s Member Guest Tournament the weekend of July 7 and 8. The Men’s Member Guest Tournament is a two-man, four-ball event played over two days with an optional practice round played Friday of the same week. Players are grouped in flights based on the lowest handicap of the two-person team. Gross and net prizes are awarded in each of the flights. There is also a “skins” game and closest to the hole prizes each day.
The weather for the weekend was picture perfect and the play extremely competitive with the following results:
- 1st Gross: Nick and TJ Matulonis
- 1st Net: Dave Bashaw and Scott Kenniston
- 2nd Gross: Eric Bergeron and Kyle Brown
- 2nd Net: Pat Gordon and Steve Harrington
- 3rd Gross: Dan Sherburne and Peter Young
- 3rd Net: Dwaine Clayton and Andy Fowler
- 1st Gross: Mike Harrington and Steve Keefe
- 1st Net: John Gregory Sr. and Scott Mohlenhoff
- 2nd Gross: Jim MacMahan and Scott Armstrong
- 2nd Net: John Gregory Jr. and J.P. Soucy
- 3rd Gross: Kevin Curtis and Mark Shepard
- 3rd Net: Scott Gendron and Tom Smidutz
- 1st Gross: Don Garrow and Shane Mas
- 1st Net: Steve Reynolds and Mike Cook
- 2nd Gross: Dave and Nick Washburn
- 2nd Net: Brian and Rob Gendron
- 3rd Gross: Allan and Wade Thomas
- 3rd Net: John Williams II and Wayne Parker
The Bellows Falls Country Club is a nine-hole golf course that dates back to 1922. The course is hilly with numerous swales and mini-ridges playing off the main hill with greenside and fairway bunkers and even a little water to make the course interesting. Playing the white tee markers on the front nine and the blue tee markers on the back nine, the layout is a par 70 that measures just under 5,900 yards with a slope of 117 and a rating of 68.5.
For more information about the Bellows Falls Country Club, please call the clubhouse at 802-463-9809 or visit www.bellowsfallscountryclub.com.