LUDLOW, Vt. – Ludlow Rotary has continued its long tradition of awarding scholarships to eligible graduating high school seniors resident in Ludlow, Mt. Holly, Plymouth and Cavendish. Ludlow Rotary-funded scholarships increased from $6,000 in recent years to $9,000 in 2017 – up 50%. The recipients were selected on the basis of the following criteria: scholastic achievement, financial need, realistic goals, extracurricular activities and community service.
On June 16, 2017, Tesha Buss, Ludlow Rotary president, awarded the following scholarships, all to Black River High School graduating seniors:
· $2,000 Daniel E. Kesman Memorial Scholarship to Aiyana Fortin of Mt. Holly
· $2,000 Robert W. Kirkbride Rotary Scholarship to Sage Allen of Plymouth
· $2,000 Ralph D. Hogancamp Vocational Scholarship to Aaron Miller of Ludlow
· $1,000 traditional scholarship to Holly Goodman of Ludlow
· $1,000 traditional scholarship to Madeline Vessey of Mt. Holly
· $1,000 traditional scholarship to Alexandra Barton of Ludlow
Daniel Kesman and Ralph Hogancamp were legendary members of the Ludlow Rotary, which celebrates its 90th year of service to the community this year. Robert Kirkbride is an active member of the Ludlow Rotary and has been for more than 60 years – an amazing record. The Kirkbride scholarship is focused on community service.
For further information, contact David Almond, Ludlow Rotary Scholarship Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org.