SPRINGFIELD, Vt. – Meals on Wheels serves Chester, Andover, Springfield, Perkinsville, and Weathersfield with a volunteer staff who delivers hot meals every day of the week to seniors who have difficulty cooking. It also provides a Senior Community Lunch from 11:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. at its 197 Union Street location Tuesdays and Thursdays. Meals to those under 60 with a disability can be approved by the Vermont Center for Independent Living.
Menu for June 2018:
- Tuesday, June 12: Swedish meatballs with mushroom sauce, rotini noodles, green beans, wheat bread, and cantaloupe.
- Thursday, June 14: potato and leek soup with chicken and bacon, crackers, spring vegetable mix, dinner roll, and oatmeal craisin cookies.
- Tuesday, June 19, Monthly Birthday Lunch: pan seared chicken Parmesan with marinara sauce and mozzarella cheese, penne pasta with basil pesto, tossed salad, two dressings, and carrot birthday cake.
- Thursday, June 21: spaghetti with meatballs, sauce, Parmesan cheese, broccoli florets, Italian bread, and pineapple tidbits.
- Tuesday, June 26: BBQ beef steak, baked beans, coleslaw, wheat bread, and vanilla fluff with pineapple and mandarin oranges.
- Thursday, June 28: Roast Beef Au Jus, cheddar mashed potatoes, green beans with red peppers, wheat dinner roll, and strawberry shortcake.