REGION – October is Breast Cancer Awareness Month, the perfect time to give blood or platelets to support cancer patients and others. Cancer patients may need red blood cell or platelet transfusions during chemotherapy, surgery, or treatment for complications.
Make an appointment to donate blood by downloading the free American Red Cross Blood Donor App, visiting www.RedCrossBlood.org or calling 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767).
As a thank-you, those who come to donate blood or platelets in October will automatically be entered to win one of five $500 gift cards redeemable at hundreds of merchants. Learn more at www.RedCrossBlood.org/GoForGoal.
Upcoming blood drive opportunities:
- Oct. 17, from 11:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Springfield Elks, 49 Park St., Springfield
- Oct. 26, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Leland and Gray High School, 2042 Route 30, Townshend
- Oct. 26, from 1 – 6 p.m., West Rutland Town Hall, 35 Marble St., West Rutland
- Oct. 27, from 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., Diamond Run Mall, 46 Diamond Row Place, Rutland
- Oct. 31, from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m., Landmark College, 19 River Rd. South, Putney