The Rotary Club of Chester thanks all who helped to make Fall Festival a successful weekend for Chester.
The Festival drew good crowds into Chester on Sept. 16-17. Visitors enjoyed coming to our beautiful Chester village to celebrate the arts in our area and enjoy our local musicians. There was an impressive array of vendors and they appreciated the friendly atmosphere in our town. Thanks to excellent vendors, delicious food, upbeat music, cheerful volunteers, and sunny skies, the Festival was a real success. Community support from individuals and businesses all helped to make it a great weekend for Chester.
Special thanks to the following:
· Bill Cole for providing security
· Newsbank for providing parking
· Chas Anderson, Alan Farrar, and Evan Parks for jumping in everywhere throughout the weekend and hauling around signs and moving the trailer
· Brian Morris and the Last Chance Band, Will Danforth, Matt Meserve, Root 7 A Cappella, and DV8 Band for providing music
· Baba-a-Louis Bakery, Country Girl Diner, Free Range Restaurant, Heritage Bakery, Killarney Pub, Inn Victoria, Lisai’s Market, MacLaomainn’s Scottish Pub, Stone Hearth Inn, Stephanie Mahoney, Iole Barbaro and the Prescott Family, Jeff Ladd, Lisa Mobus
· Gail Stewart for providing soup to supplement all that was provided by Chester Rotarians
· Fullerton Inn for the donuts, soup supplies, management of the website and other promotion
· Interact Students from GMUHS for helping with soup sales, putting up balloons, and providing lunch time vendor relief
· Chester Telegraph for donating 20% of the well-wisher ad revenue back to the Chester Rotary and the advertisers who made that donation possible
· Chester Rotarians for organizing the event, volunteering throughout the weekend, managing the sound system, and making soups for the Festival
· The Current for providing shuttle service from Newsbank to the Green
The following businesses donated gift certificates to make the shuttle service possible: Country on the Common, DaVallia Fine Arts, Free Range Restaurant, Fullerton Inn, Jiffy Mart, Killarney Pub, Phoenix/Misty Valley Books, Sage Jewelry and Vintage Vermont.