CHESTER, Vt. – The arts are alive and well in Chester, Vt. and 295 Main Street is buzzing with exciting new music and art experiences with more on the horizon. All summer long, Community Art Garden has camps and community art opportunities for artists of all ages. Located on the green, this community art studio is easy and fun to access and provides a great source of arts-based fun for kids and families.
Community Art Garden owner Emily Burkland says its going to be their most exciting summer yet. “I have been partnering with members of our community this summer – Grandma Jeanne at the Whiting Library in Chester and Ashley Hensel-Browning from The Dance Factory in Springfield, to offer more diverse art and music programming than I could manage alone,” said Emily. “I am excited to keep offering arts programming at the studio, but I love integrating and connecting with the community so this is exciting for me to change things up!”
This May, Community Art Garden paired with Chester Music Center and ran a successful open house. Ida Mae Specker opened the music school in March 2018 and has offered monthly jams as well as lessons for fiddle, guitar, and banjo. Both Emily and Ida enjoy working with the community to promote music and the arts and look forward to making more magical events like that one happen soon!
Community Art Garden has a busy summer camp schedule with offerings for kids of all ages. Here is a list of current offerings. For more information or to rent the studio for a group of five or more, please contact Emily.
- Nature Arts Camp for ages 4 and up runs July 14 and 21, from 9 a.m. to noon.
- Dramatic Arts Camp for ages 5 and up runs Aug. 1 to 3, from 10 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Messy Mondays for ages 2 to 4 runs every fourth Monday, July 23 and Aug. 27 from 10 – 11:15 a.m.
- Yes, ART! for ages 11 – 14 runs two Tuesdays July 10 and Aug. 14 from 3 – 5 p.m. July 10 features a 5×7 multimedia canvas and slime factory. Aug. 14 features tie dye poi balls and giant bubbles.
- Sewing 101 for ages 8 and up runs Monday and Tuesday, Aug. 13 and 14 from 9 a.m. to noon. Campers will be introduced to simple hand stitches and to working on the machine and will have the option to make a simple finished project of a small quilt or bag. All materials included.
Register for all camps online at www.communityartgarden.com.
To contact Community Art Garden, contact Emily at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-289-3071. For more information about Chester Music Center, contact Ida Mae Specker at email@example.com or call 802-734-7183. You can follow Community Art Garden and Chester Music Center on Facebook and Instagram. We strive to keep local arts alive.