BELLOWS FALLS, Vt. – On Friday, May 18 from 6 – 8 p.m., Reeve Lindbergh will be appearing at Village Square Booksellers to read from and discuss her new book, “Two Lives,” as part of Bellows Falls 3rd Friday. Lindbergh, daughter of aviator-authors Charles A. and Anne Morrow Lindbergh, writes about the intersection of fame and privacy from her unique perspective – as the spokesperson for the arguably most famous family of the 20th century. In her new book, Lindbergh reflects on her own “Two Lives,” navigating her role as the public face of her family while, at the same time, leading a very quiet existence in rural Vermont.
After devoting years to keeping separate her “Lindbergh life” and her everyday life on her farm, she now finds herself able to make peace with her two lives. Lindbergh takes us into the National Air and Space Museum and her own kitchen drawers with equal ease, discovering that the history-making items on display are, for her, like the memorabilia that most families keep in the attic. “Two Lives” reconciles the seemingly separate worlds of fame and privacy, even finding a “certain sweetness” when they intersect. To pre-order your book, go to www.villagesquarebooks.com/book/9781938406706. Call 802-463-9404 to reserve a book and seat for the event.
Bellows Falls invites the public to BF3F events Friday, May 18 from 4 – 8 p.m. Artwork by BFUHS art students will be on display in the various storefronts. The following venues will host BF3F events:
- Windham Antiques stays open until 7 p.m.
- Village Square Booksellers hosts author Reeve Lindbergh at 6 p.m.
- River Artisans crafts cooperative will be open from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- The Rock and Hammer Jewelry will be open until 6 p.m.
- Sherwin Art Glass and Tsuga Studios will be open at 33 Bridge St with demonstrations and refreshments from 5:30 – 8 p.m.
- Popolo casual to fine dining until 9:30 p.m.
- Halladays Florist open until 5:30 p.m. with dip tasting
- Flat Iron Exchange will be open until 8 p.m. with the artwork of the Vermont Studio Tour local participants and live acoustic jam from 3-6 p.m.
- Canal Street Art Gallery from 5-8 p.m.
- Cafe 7 hosts a new art exhibit
- Anastasia’s Closet will be staying open to 7 p.m.
- Cold River Furniture will also be open.
Other venues might be also be open for dining and shopping. Bellows Falls Opera House will have a movie at 7 p.m. Check out our Facebook page, www.facebook.com/BellowsFalls.3rdFriday, for additional information and future events.